I never win things. Well that’s not true, I won a cake walk or two in elementary school, but I have sneaky suspicion they let everyone win at that game. I also won a hockey puck from Fox Sports Tennessee, because I watch too much hockey and enter too many contests. Other than that, my luck is zilch. I’m not so good at the winning of things.
BUT GUYS! I just won a Versatile Blogger award! I’m not sure what this means for my life. Dictionary.com told me it means ‘having or capable of many uses’ so that’s a good quality to have I guess. This is a blogging honor, however it comes along with homework. I don’t really care for this aspect, but for the sake of my rule-keeping ways, I will participate appropriately.
First I’m supposed to thank the person who gave me this award. That’s common courtesy, I’m told.
I would like to extend my utmost gratitude to jeandayfriday. Something about the useless dribble I spit out on this blog made her enjoy what I wrote? (weird) But I’m not mad about it! She so graciously bestowed this honor upon me and for that I say, “Thank You!” You should also click that little link up there and check out her blog. It’s very entertaining and enjoyable. I guarantee you will not hate it! You will love it!
Now the rules to this delightful versatile award I have recieved say I have to give you seven tidbits about myself. And I plan to do this with the most gusto I have ever done anything with. These are the most tidbitty tidbits I have ever…..tidbitted?
1. Every week when I put away my laundry, I refold absolutley everything that was already in the drawer. T-shirts, underpants, socks, doesn’t matter. I refold all of it. I might have a tiny case of the OCD.
2. In 7th grade my wardrobe consisted of over-sized t-shirts tucked into cotton shorts. I was really fashionable. It’s a wonder I had any friends.
3. Along the lines of terrible fashion choices, I wore crocs every single day to work the summer after my senior year of college. I regret every single one of those days. (although my feet were really comfortable you guys)
4. I’ve never been to the ocean…or Disney World….or Disney Land….I had a terrible childhood. I feel pretty neglected. If anyone wants to take me to Disney World, that’d be okay.
5. I went to a hockey game on Tuesday, then I went to one on Thursday and I’m going to one tonight as well. I’m really out of control. I don’t know what has happened to me. I used to not follow sports and now that’s all I do. I need an intervention or something. Maybe just a nice slap to the back of the head. That might help. (It won’t help and I’m probably going to buy another puck tonight….I’m a moron)
6. I broke my finger on a Nerf football in sixth grade. Nerf is supposed to be soft and safe for children. Nope.
7. One day, I will meet Tim Tebow. And I’ll get my photo taken with him and maybe have him sign something. I’ll be really awkward at it, and then I will leave. It will be fantastic.
There we go. That was 7 tidbits. Did you enjoy them? I hope, and if you didn’t that’s too bad, because I’m not going back and changing them.
Now the rules of winning this lovely versatility award say I’m to nominate 15 other blogs/blogger/boogers (not boogers, I made that one up. I have the maturity of a 3 year old) that I follow and/or enjoy, so here we go:
The Life and Times of Nathan Badley
He’s my brother. We share genes. You’ll enjoy yourselves there, maybe.
That’s it. I’m only nominating one person. That’s all I got. Well that’s not true, but my attention span is the same as my maturity level, which is that of a three year old. So rather than try and choose 14 others, I’ll let you fight amongst yourselves for the prize.
If you’d really like the honor of being a versatile blogger, just click that little like button down there and ‘BAM’, you win.
Good luck! (and hopefully someone likes this otherwise I’m a loser, I’ll even accept pity likes)
We have our first winner!
Full of Her Travels
Go there. She introduced me to the idea of eyebrow gel being a ‘thing’ so ya, you should go visit her page.
I like photos and if you like photos you should check out peasquared. There’s always a fantastic photo to enhance your blogging experience! Even if you don’t like photos you should do it because I said so. Plus it’s a great place to visit!
This is the best place to go if you’re looking for your daily haiku fix. Trust me. Go look. Haikus. Great Haikus.
Boundaries of the Soul
“Daily issues with a psychological twist” Go. Look. Read. Enjoy
She recently wrote an entry about becoming a grown up. And basically all the entries are quite chuckle worthy. Don’t believe me? Well you should. Click the link.
Like cats? and happiness? Well then you should go here. If you don’t like cats or happiness, you should still go. Also, why don’t you like cats and happiness? Weirdo.
This is the place to go if you like poetry. And we all like poetry. It’s much more distinguished and refined than my blog. Nothing about boogers or anything. Go check it out and be amazed by the amazingness.
Go. Read. Enjoy.
This is much more inspirational than my blog. You should go there. RIGHT NOW.
This is possibly the greatest blog name ever. Go. Now.
Your source for all things educational. You know you don’t get that here so you should most definitely visit Mission Possible.
Like opinions? I sure do. And that’s why you should go visit this site.
Congrats on being versatile! I don’t really think I am, but I did like your post. 🙂
And congratulations to you! You’ve officially been nominated!
congratulations on your award! you are an awesome and entertaining writer and i love reading your blog! =)
Allow me to congratulate you! You’re nominated for a versatile blogger award!
Your dedication to folding and refolding amazes me. I tend to favour the ‘scrunch it up and shove it anywhere’ method. I suspect I’d be able to find what I’m looking for if I started folding things though – and using drawers.
Nomination for you!!
Why thank you! 😀 Would it be too much do you think if I printed it off, laminated it and wore it as a badge?
Keep up the great work 🙂
No. That would not be too much at all. In fact, I strongly suggest it.
Congrats and you deserve it! And thanks for the kind words about my silly blog! 🙂
Congratulations on your award – it was well deserved. You always bring me an entertaining red and I thoroughly enjoy your blog. Awesome job!
Gracias! Also you receive a nomination!
Woah! Deeply appreciated, thanks
..MY first win (applause!!!) and all I had to do was follow instructions, I knew there was something in taking my mama’s advice.
Thanks for the compliment – it was a compliment right?
I’ll take my leave now…