No one could have predicted such an anomaly occurring. What happened to the Penguins / Predators final? Well, they both choked. (which by the way, has led me into a deep, dark, depression, full of catching up on Glee and playing games of NBA Jam. Come back to me Preds!!) And that is why America is left to choose between a team from a land full of celebrities or a team from a land where tan guidos freely roam the streets. Kind of a lose-lose situation if you ask me.
So you’re probably debating on which bandwagon you are going to jump on for the Stanley Cup Finals, right? No? Just me? Oh well. I’m going to continue anyway.
Both teams have their perks but also their…not-perks (what the heck would that word be?)
New Jersey Devils
- Contrary to popular belief the people of New Jersey do not support Satan. Instead they support the mythical Jersey Devil that resembles a moose with wings. Pro? Maybe?
- Snooki. Con.
- Puddy is on their side. Pro, classic Seinfeld episode.
- Used to be the Kansas City Scouts. Pro, everything from Kansas is great.
- Only team bold enough to actually declare themselves a part of New Jersey. Con. Why would they want to admit that?
- Zach Parise. Pro. Guy is a beaut!
- 3 Stanley Cups Pro, for experience. Con, because I like underdogs.
- Not the Nashville Predators. Con.
Los Angeles Kings
- Wayne Gretzky. Pro. DUH. Dude’s a legend.
- Dustin Brown. Con, kinda looks like a weasel.
- Anze Kopitar. Pro, makes up for weasel-faced Brown
- Lion mascot. Con, not real creative for a team in a land full of struggling actors and writers.
- They chirp super hard on twitter. Pro. HILARIOUS. Check it out: @LAKings
- Gave tickets to Rainn Wilson in a jello mold. Pro, also hilarious.
- 8 seed that has won 12 out of the 14 games they’ve played. Pro. Has the makings of a great Disney movie.
- 0 Stanley Cups. Pro, underdogs
- Also not the Nashville Predators. Con
*not even close.
- NHL Playoffs 2012: Surging L.A. Kings Will Make Short Work of New Jersey Devils (bleacherreport.com)
- NHL Playoffs: New Jersey Devils beat NY Rangers in overtime to move to Stanley Cup (vancouversun.com)
- Vote: Will Devils or Kings Win the Stanley Cup? (nesn.com)
- PHT: History doesn’t bode well for Kings in finals (prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com)
- Devils make Cup finals after 3-2 win over Rangers (newsok.com)